Pensacola Christian College is a private institution situated in Pensacola, Florida, United States. This college was founded in 1974 under the generous leadership of Arlin and Beka Horton. This Christian institution was founded with the intention of educating youngsters who are willing to dedicate their whole lives in service to Jesus Christ. The courses offered here have traditional Christian values and have an essence of liberal arts as well. Students studying here develop respect towards culture, spirituality, intellectual abilities, learn moral values and understand social responsibility.
Is Pensacola Christian College Accredited
Pensacola Christian College has multiple departments for seminary and graduate studies. Currently, 4,700 students are enrolled for graduate studies in this institution. In the theological seminary department, there are certificates, masters, and doctoral programs available to students.
- A master’s program is available in Bible exposition, biblical languages, church music degree, ministry degree, and divinity degree subjects.
- Certificate programs are available in subjects including biblical studies, New Testament studies, Old Testament studies, pastoral ministries, and theological studies.
- The institution offers a Doctor of Ministry degree as well.
- In the business department, students can choose a Master of Business administration course. Students can specialize in Information Technology Management specialization subject.
- The education department offers courses including Master of Science in educational leadership and curriculum and instruction, educational specialist, and doctor of education.
- The nursing department offers a Master of Science course in Nursing.
- In the performing arts department students can opt for Master of Arts in Music and Master of Arts in Dramatics courses.
- The visual arts department has four graduate courses, namely Master of Arts in Graphic design, Master of Arts in Studio Art, Master of Fine Arts in Graphic design, and Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art.
- Pensacola Christian College also offers an online course to students who are unable to attend on campus. The online courses’ curriculum is the same as that of offline courses. Admissions to both offline and online courses are available during the fall and spring intake. While doing offline courses, students can choose to work part-time on campus as well.
Pensacola Christian College is accredited by various accreditation committees in the United States. It’s a member of the Transnational Association of Christian College and schools or TRACS. On 24th April 2018, Pensacola Christian College was accredited as Reaffirmation I was categorized as a category IV institution. The validity of this accreditation status is ten years.
The United States Department of Education (USDOE), the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE), and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) have recognized TRACS as an accrediting member in the United States.
At Pensacola Christian College, all the baccalaureate master’s degree courses in nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). All the baccalaureate master’s degree courses in engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.